Friday, April 25, 2008

Mustard Green Tacos

Sometimes a meal comes together almost too easily to be believed; tonight was one of those nights. I had mustard greens and shallots from the mini-market that I wanted to use, so I decided to make tacos with them. Somehow, I actually had pulled pork with salsa verde in the freezer. I picked up some local tortillas at the grocery store, sliced and sauteed the shallots in butter, rinsed the mustard greens, reheated the pork, grated some cheese, and added a little lime juice to homemade yogurt. Just like that, tasty tacos to fill tummies. The only thing that took much effort was sauteeing the shallots, and I will get double-duty from that: I plan to use some of them on a pizza tomorrow, with locally-made feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and kalamata olives.

No comments: