Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Robins Nest

I awoke this morning to the sound of a robin landing on the top of my open window. Again. And again. I finally investigated and discovered pieces of grass on top of the window and inside it; there were also some clumps of mud. Just then, the robin brought back another clump of mud and placed it on the window top, which is protected under the eaves. The silly robin was trying to make a nest on a narrow window edge that disappears every time a storm comes up and the wind starts blowing hard. This happens every year; I don't know if it is the same robin or a different one. I solved the problem the same way I do every year: close the window when the robin is away, before she gets too much effort into it. With luck, she will find a better site next time.

No comments: