Thursday, August 21, 2008

Other Outlets

When I started this blog a year ago, I had a brain full of words and ideas that needed an outlet, and it was easy to stay on top of entries. Now that my technical editing work is taking off, I find that I have less need of this outlet to stay sane; my drive to play with words is being met in other ways. I would have thought that there would be a bigger difference between writing and editing, but I guess I just want words to play with, and it doesn't matter if I generate them or someone else does.

The other reason I started it was to follow a year around the seasons with food and the ebb and flow of plants and animals. I'm doing less cooking now, so there is less excitement to share on the food front. And now that I've gone a full year, it is harder to record the changes again - even though they are a little different each year. On the other hand, I will be doing natural history with one of my kids this fall, so maybe I will have more things to note again.

I'm not abandoning the blog, but it will be interesting to see how it evolves over the next few months.

No comments: