Sunday, August 24, 2008

Late Season for Vegetables

I made dill beans today, after finding some at the farmers' market yesterday. I couldn't figure out what to do with the little bits that get cut off to make the beans fit in the jars; what was it I did last year? I finally remembered that last year, I made the snippets into a salad that I took to a family dinner - at the beginning of August. But this year, I couldn't make dill beans until nearly the beginning of September. Green beans just didn't show up in the markets until last week, and not in sufficient quantities to justify pickling them until this week. The entire local growing season has been nearly a month late due to a cold, wet spring and June snow, which means that much of the produce will come to market just as the farmers' markets are closing down. That's tough on both the growers and the eaters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you supply to your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again right here regularly.
I'm reasonably certain I'll be told lots of new stuff proper here!

Best of luck for the following!

Take a look at my blog :: e-cigaretter [wordpress.com]

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for best place to
buy e cig liquid

Check out my page: el cigaret

Anonymous said...

best electronic cigarettes, best electronic cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarettes, e cigarette health, electronic cigarettes